Saturday, July 07, 2007

capsule 07.07.07 capsule

Sun
No, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Tony Blair accepted a senior position in Murdoch's News Corporation empire. A seat on the board, or whatever.

Stars
Just think, what we see around us as the Milky Way: all the stars in the sky we can see and cannot see, could just, say, a drop of rain in a bigger scheme of things.

Rats
Are not really very nice. Unless you happen to like them. Or if you are a rat...

Religious People
Some of my best friends are religious. Actually, that is not true. I have relatives who are religious. I don't have friends who are religious. It wouldn't bother me if I did, but I don't.

Sprats
I like sprats. They are one of the few foods everyone in this house likes. Bring them home from the market. Head, tail, clean and wash them. Leave them in a bowl with chopped onion, salt, pepper, thyme and a big squeeze of lemon juice. Flour them, put them on an oiled tray and bake them in a very hot oven. They should be starting to brown and crisp a little. We have them with brown soda bread, with lemon to squeeze over. Or with boiled rice, fresh tomato and pepper sauce and fried plantain. Although many varieties of fish are threatened with extinction, sprats are plentiful and likely to become even more so. Also, they are relatively cheap and very nutritious. They are delicious.

Space
Although there is a lot of it, like water, sometimes there is not enough space. There are human beings who do not have much space. Other who do not have enough water, or food to eat. There are people who suffer all the time because of what others do to them, deliberately.

Rocket
It would be good if this capsule launched into space from a real rocket. Instead I am send it into the Internet, virtual Space, by was of a blog, a virtual rocket. I hope it ends up with someone who reads it - the rest is up to them.

No comments: