Wednesday, July 04, 2007

MP3 Banks And Fields

Houses in De Beauvoir 'town'
have spaces in between;
all look different.
Flats, blocked not quite
in De Beauvoir, are tallish,
flattish, sameish.

Finding myself striding out
too fast, stopped under a tree,
fished out my MP3 player,
walked on, more slowly.

Large black male, Royal
Mail, rooting from the red pillar-box;
suddenly looked my way as I passed,
dark swept-around sunspecs;
tapped me on the shoulder:
"You have a nice evening".
"You too".
Nice guy.

Our usual postie sits
plays with next door
comic-cut cat. Gives the old
man time to get downstairs.

Yes, compress some audio files,
easier to store and carry.
Lives? Leave those
empty spaces in between.
Don't go for lossless either,
guaranteed to fail under
cold grey slabs of mud.

No comments: